SEE PROGRAMME ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2013
The annual conference organised by the South East Europe (SEE) Programme in 2013 will take place on 19 June in Bucharest, Romania, Hotel Intercontinetal. Under the title "SEE achievements in view of the new programmes in the area", the conference aims to be the key territorial cooperation event in 2013 in South Eastern Europe.
This year conference will focus on the linkage between the present and future of territorial cooperation in the South East Europe area. The achievements gained by the SEE programme and projects during these years must be known and used firstly by the SEE projects but also they should be taken into consideration by the decision-makers when preparing the two new programmes in the area (Danube and South East Gateway). On the other hand, to increase the impact of the projects' achievements, synergies between projects working on the same topic should be found and capitalisation tools should be provided.
In this sense, the event will mainly be divided into two parts. The first part will focus on the future of European Territorial Cooperation in the area, including updated information about the two new programmes. The second part will explain the Thematic Capitalisation Strategy of the programme and the achievements gained by both the programme and the projects so far. In the last session, some time will be allocated to form working groups of those projects open to participate in the above-mentioned SEE Capitalisation Strategy.
The linkage between the present and the future of territorial cooperation must be ensured and the conference aims to be a forum where a mixture of political and thematic discussion will bridge the Programme results to the future challenges.
The conference aims to bring together some 400 participants, including representatives of the European Commission, new programmes' stakeholders, decision-makers and experts from the SEE countries, representatives of international organizations and academia and present and potential project developers.
The main objectives of the event are:
- Inform and provide input about the new developments in the preparation of the two new programmes in the area: Danube and South East Gateway
- Analyse the legacy of the current programming period to be maintained and the needed changes to be implemented in the next programming period
- Analyse and promote the Programme's and projects' achievements up to date
- Explain the SEE Capitalisation Strategy and the capitalisation possibilities of projects' achievements
- Support a beneficial exchange between all projects in the SEE area, to create synergies and connections among projects
- Provide an opportunity for several projects to present their outcomes and results, as part of an Exhibition
The conference will bring together up to 400 participants, including practitioners, representatives of the European Commission, European Parliament, government officials and experts from the SEE countries, representatives of international organizations and academia, potential project developers.
Please note that all conference proceedings will be in English.